| GAP for OS X - Installation |
SF Project Page
| || || || |
Install text-mode GAP
- Install GAP. Follow the instructions on the GAP home page.
- Make sure that the XGAP library is installed under the pkg directory. If you followed the GAP install instructions completely, this should already be the case. (You do not need to build the XGAP binaries, just to have the .g, .gi and .gd files available.)
Install the GAP GUI for Macintosh OS X
To run GAP, go to your Applications folder and double-click the GAP icon you dragged there. If you installed text-mode GAP someplace other than /usr/local/lib, you may be prompted to specify the location the first time you run the GUI.
- Download the CocoaGap disk image.
- Double-click it to mount it.
- Drag the GAP application icon to your Applications folder.
- Eject the disk image.
Eventually, I hope to package the text-mode GAP binaries in the application bundle of the GAP GUI. Until then, Steps 1 and 2 will be necessary.